We have multiple solutions to help you tackle germs and get through the flu season. Although the CDC suggests flu vaccination as the most effective form of prevention, there are additional steps that can be taken to protect yourself and others and help stop the spread of germs.
1 – Disinfect & Disinfect Properly
There are many opportunities for people to make mistakes, cut corners, or not use chemicals correctly when disinfecting surfaces. When disinfectants aren’t diluted properly or are not applied according to the label, they are likely ineffective, creating false confidence that a surface was disinfected.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces such as desks, doorknobs and water fountains
- Consider using a check mate cleaning system to cover surface areas quickly and effectively (including hard-to-reach spaces and all surfaces of objects)
- Utilize a disinfectant with an Influenza Type A claim– an effective and fast-acting formula that features:
- Cleans and Disinfects in One Step
- Soft Surface Sanitizing in 5 Minutes
- Hard Surface Non-Food Contact Sanitizer in 15 Seconds
- Inhibits Growth of Mold and Mildew
- Kills Odor Causing Bacteria
- Kills Many Viruses and Bacteria in 3 Minutes or Less
2 – Practice Proper Hand Hygiene
Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Germs are spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs, then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth
3 – Stay Home & Stay Away
The flu virus is spread by droplets created when someone with the virus coughs, sneezes or talks.
- Limit contact with others as much as possible if you’re infected
- If you’re experiencing flu-like symptoms, the CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone
- Avoid close contact with sick people
It is our goal to support you in finding the right product for your needs. If you have questions or are looking for a product you don’t see in our vast online catalog, please contact our specialists to assist you.